Thursday, February 08, 2007

And there was much rejoicing.

We are officially open for business! ...well, with no way of making any actual money, but Capitalism is not what I'm about. I'm about comedy and entertainment and writing and stuff and stuff. The first episode of Highly Effective Device is now officially linked on the website. Check it out. Let me know what you think.

There's some other stuff on the site, too. You can play a game that you'll be sick of after a few tries. You can also download the swanky music we created for the background in the first scene. It's entitled Ring My Dingleberry Bells, performed by the legendary Martian Elaine, and some say it's his best track off of the universally popular album Martian Elaine's Songs 2 Get Sweaty 2.

There's also a Make Your Own Review page, where you can tear us a new one if you'd like. I noticed that Dan has already participated in that. Thanks for the support, Daniel! I also created a bio page for me and Ivan, and it's probably better written than the cartoon itself. Go figure. I like talking about me.

While driving home from Ivan's after finishing up a couple touches to the site and doing our P90x extreme workout (That's right. We bring it, nightly.), I made a couple calls to my friends in Los Angeles to make them watch the cartoon. David was busy playing Madden (he's a very busy man), Jade was MIA (probably cooking for her fiance), but Nathaniel was home and decided to watch it with me over the phone. I'm pretty nervous about how the toon will be received, but this was a perfect way to start as he was very complimentary.

The script for the second episode is already complete except for a little polishing, and the sets and a new character are being drawn. Here's hoping it doesn't take us six months to make this next one.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 3:00:00 PM EST, Blogger Dan said...

5:23 AM good God!

Killer site and toon Joel. Im saving up my pennies for the second installment in six months! Bios rock too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home