Tuesday, December 12, 2006

God is gas station pizza.


Listening to the radio, I heard a commercial for a local chain of gas stations. They explained the features of their snack shop which included a pizza value meal offer. After they mentioned the affordable price for this meal, a sound clip played of a female saying, "This pizza is awesome!" She sounded serious. Awesome? This is pizza from a gas station we're talking about, right? Why would she deem this pizza as awesome? Has she never had pizza before? Maybe the only pizza she's ever had prior to coming to this gas station was frat house floor pizza. Or maybe she only recently gained the ability to taste, and everything is awesome to her.

Regardless of the motivation behind her comment, I feel that I have no choice but to amend my definition of the word "awesome". From now on, whenever I refer to something as "awesome", I don't just mean it's good. I mean it's gas station pizza good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home