Wednesday, November 01, 2006

OOOOcreativity cycleOOOO

It's a slow work day. There is not much to do, except for try to look as busy as possible to avoid an undeserved reprimand. I've been at work for two-and-a-half hours and have already read every news story, sports story, blog, and email I dare to view. We aren't really allowed to be on any website that's not a mapping site, but I like to live as an outlaw.

I have also managed to write two new comic strips so far this morning. My mind goes through an incredible battle each strip. First I think that I will never be able to come up with another strip again. It's a terrible feeling of low self-worth and feebility. Then I suddenly come up with a situation. It appears out of blue. Today, for example, I remembered about how and why I learned to play the guitar. That's a perfect situation for a strip. Then I come up with a joke set up and punch that I think is funny enough to make a strip out of, and I squeeze it into 3 or 4 frames. Before I know it, I've written a new strip! I feel great! I bask in the glow of my accomplishment for a few minutes...and then I realize that I'll never be able to come up with another one ever again.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 11:53:00 AM EST, Blogger Mute Dog said...

Will you be providing guitar music for your animated cartoon?

 
At Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 1:55:00 PM EST, Blogger Joel Lugar said...

There will be music, yes. I wrote the theme song which is included in the script as a part of a dream sequence in the second installment. The plan is for this "music video" to play when you first reach the site with an option to skip it at the bottom.

Even more music is planned. My partner is an excellent singer and can play the guitar, as well.

As for the animated comic strips, right now there is no audio planned. I thought about it, but I think they work well without sound and simply text. I'll email you one, so you judge for yourself and let me know what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home