Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Who Framed Kyle Sumnyr?

I'm back in Indiana, and boy am I motivated. The goal is to get back to Los Angeles, and the means may be cartoons. Sounds mature, huh? Well, I like cartoons. That's just the way it is. So there. (sticks tongue out)

Not that I can draw. I can't. It's well documented. So I have a partner for my project. We've been putting some serious time into a Flash cartoon that we hope to have on the web sometime by Spring, 2010. It's a long process. First, we had to learn Flash, which we're still learning. Now we're actually in the animating process which is a pretty slow-moving job as well. Plus, we're both working 40-hour weeks on our real jobs, so as my mom would say, "T'aint easy, Greasy!" But boy am I excited about what we have so far. If I showed you a snippet, you'd probably poop a little. But, I'm not showing you nuttin'! So stop askin'!

The first episode is too long to publish right away. People that watch web videos have short attention spans, so I've broken the script into three parts which we'll release as installments. Each installment has about three scenes and should be around 10 minutes long. My partner is hoping that our process will become more streamlined as time goes on, so that we can update more often. I'm hoping I'll win the lottery, so I can quit my job and focus on my writing full time. I also wish a was a balla. I wish I had a girl who looked good. I would call her.

Let me tell you a little bit about the cartoon. It's sci-fi comedy. You remember the Jean Claude Van Damme movie, Bloodsport? It's like that only with aliens. And it's called The Highly Effective Device. I tell you no more!!

When I'm not working at my job, working on the cartoon, or applying to law school, I've been animating my comic strip in Flash with hilarious results. I've finished two of them so far, and I hope to get a lot more done. I haven't figured out what to do with them once I've stocked up, but I'm sure that I could make a million dollars with them somehow. I'm open to suggestions. Anyone go to business school?

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 10:01:00 AM EST, Blogger Dan said...

Business School is for losers! However, Plastic-Rap.com is looking for some serious content, and is open for submissions without IP obligations, and has huge readership numbers.

 
At Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 11:37:00 AM EST, Blogger Joel Lugar said...

Serious content? You do realize these are cartoons, right?

Dan, I sent an animated strip to your hotmail. You still use that? Let me see if I can find another email for you.

 
At Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 11:51:00 AM EST, Blogger Mute Dog said...

Dan does need some new content, all of his maps are boring and look the same.

maybe animated loft boys could generate some adsense clicks for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home