Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bob & Tom & Claude & and me in my car

A weird thing happened on the way to work today. I was listening to Bob & Tom on Q95. Listening to this program has been one of the few bright spots in my life since moving back to Indiana. It's not that I find the radio show to be all that hilarious. It's just that it's been so long since I've gotten to hear it, and it holds a sort of renewed novelty mixed with nostalgia that I enjoy. I'm sure I'll be sick of it in a week.

Each morning they have special guest comedians that they pretend to talk to. By "pretending to talk to them" I mean that they do a sort of fake interview that allows the comedian to mix his act into the conversation. A brilliant scheme by most standards. Radio magic, if you will. This morning, the guest comedian was Claude Stuart. This is particularly interesting to me, because I know Claude. I'm friends with Claude. I've performed with Claude. We did the boston Comedy Festival together. And now he's on the Bob & Tom show. They went into the fake interview schtick and Claude got to give his first joke. "I was at this bar and this girl said to me, 'Just because you bought me a drink that doesn't mean I'm going to do you.' And I replied, 'Just because I want to do you...'" And I said the punch line with him, "...doesn't mean I think you're attractive."

Kudos to Claude. He's out there hustling. Getting it done. I'm envious. I always wanted to be on the Bob & Tom Show. Maybe someday. Maybe my internet cartoon will hit it big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home