Friday, March 31, 2006

Struggling

Here it is! The premiere strip of Struggling. Hope you like it.

Delicious link!


This hasn't been the best day so far. I woke up hungover for the first time in a long time. I read an email from a girl that broke my heart that said she wasn't physically attracted to me. This isn't news, but it's just something you don't want to start your day with. My fault, of course. I sent her a drunken email last night trying to clear up some things that I would never bother with while sober. Mission accomplished. I am not attractive.

I went out last night to see The Squares and apparently got fairly lubricated. You should really go here if you want to hear The Squares. Tonight, I'm supposed to go back out and see The Whiskey Saints. I don't know that I'll be drinking too much, though. I guess I can't hang like I used to. Besides, drinking does not help you become more attractive...unless everyone else is drinking, too. Maybe I should send that girl a picture of me and a bottle of vodka and tell her to call me when things change.

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 31, 2006 at 4:38:00 PM EST, Blogger Mute Dog said...

nice strip. are you doing the text in the computer now? That's a pretty good way of doing it, just do a bunch of drawings of the characters in various poses and then re-use the poses as necessary and change the words. People won't notice/care so long as the words are good.

 
At Friday, March 31, 2006 at 5:51:00 PM EST, Blogger Joel Lugar said...

I've always done the text on the computer. I was told by the Exponent that no one can read my writing, so I just use the Comic Sans font. I print out the frames and the text and then fill in the drawings. I guess I could have drawings of each character in various poses ready and then do the whole strip on the computer. I might look into that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home